Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Card Camp Day 4



Oh, the challenge for day 4 was a tough one for me!  The dreaded 10-minute card challenge.  Okay.  I decided to give it a try.  I gathered the supplies I would use and sort of planned out my card as I did that.   Things started to go wrong with my first stamp.  I had cut my card base and masked off the edges to stamp a background within.  Then I stamped my text background stamp upside-down!  AGH!   I cut another panel of white paper and started stamping my background again.  Then I trimmed it and added that to the center of my card.   From there the main challenge was finding my scissors, my adhesive, my dies... mind you, they were all out on the table; I just couldn't find them!   I knew there was no way I'd finish in 10 minutes, but I think I did pretty well at about 13 minutes!   Here it is:





















I decided after I took the picture that I should add some Stickles to the cupcake icing, so the actual card now sports some bling.

Supplies:

Paper:  Stamper's Select White (PTI), Poppy Parade (SU), Island Indigo (SU), Peach Parfait (SU)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine), Peach Parfait (SU)
Stamps:  Think Big Favorites #13 (PTI), Background Basics Text Style (PTI)
Dies:  Papertrey Ink

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Jen F. said...

13 minutes? I call that a win any day! :-) Love the card.