Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Few More Card Camp Cards

I'm still playing Summer Card Camp catch-up, and still having fun.  The last card for Week 2 was to choose one of the color combos. I chose this one for this card:

I decided to try a card like the one that the wonderful Jess Witty had created.  I used the same image stamp sets (Botanical Silhouettes and Peaceful Garden) and general layout she had used and changed a few things.  What a neat idea to have 3 layers of stamping!  


I moved on to Week 3.  Week 3 brought a new color combo:


I just had to try Jennifer McGuire's diagonal banner.  Love this!  I also took the idea of using tone-on-tone stamping to incorporate two shades of a color.  


Despite what my picture shows, the gems really do match the colors!  For this card, I pulled out Wonderful Words:  Birthday.  These little $5 sets from Papertrey are such gems!

For Day 2, I took inspiration from Sarah Moerman's card.  I pulled out my Hexagon cover plate from Papertrey and my Happy Hexagons stamp set and went to work.  

I finished it off by heat embossing the sentiment from Think Big Favorites #17 (PTI).  

Then for Day 3, I was inspired by Shari Carroll.  I liked her circle with the hexagons.  I decided to incorporate a star as the sketch had indicated.  
I think if I were doing it over again, I would have incorporated some background stamping on the kraft circle.  

Two more days of "homework" to go!


No comments: