Sunday, July 28, 2013

End of camp cards!

I did it!  A weekend cramming session has helped me have a card for each day of Summer Camp!  
The challenge for Week 3, Day 4 was to do something that is out of the ordinary for me.  I was inspired by Heather's card where she used the epoxy circles to embellish her card.  It occurred to me that I have 4 (not 1, mind you -- 4!) unopened packages of Making Memories Page Pebbles.  I didn't buy them -- they were in my goodie bag at Stamp-a-Faire a couple summers ago.  So I've had them for 2 years unopened.  Maybe that's what I need to use.    I kept with the color combination of the week and sketch #1.


I chose Papertrey's Gracious Vases set.  For my Page Pebble embellishments, I stamped each flower onto Winter Wisteria card stock.   Then I used my pebbles to highlight one section of each flower and trimmed each to the size of the pebble.

Week 3, Day 5 brought another selection of color combos!  I chose this one:


This is such a happy combination, I wanted to make a really fun card.  I decided Polka Dot Basics would help highlight the colors.  

For the sentiment, I turned again to Wonderful Words:  Birthday.  I repeated the "happy" in the colors of my color combination.  Then I used the trick from Week 1 of layering die cuts to help "birthday" stand up off the page.  




No comments: