Saturday, August 29, 2015

Challenge #3: Threads


So, it's after 5 pm and I'm just posting the most recent challenge I've completed:  you know, the one from 11 am.  Kind of sad, huh?  But that's okay, because I'm enjoying myself and plugging right along.  This one was using Laura Bassen's "thread nest" technique.  


I really love how this one turned out.  The silver thread is much prettier in real life.  In other words -- in real life you can see the silver thread.  The water droplets in the blended ink combined with the rain stones I added just blend into each other.   Like Laura did, I blended Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Tropical Teal inks, but mine didn't end up nearly as smooth and dark as Laura's did.  I sponged a little Berry Sorbet ink on the bottom of the Melon Berry birthday die cut to get that ombre effect that Laura was so excited about.    She was totally right to be excited.  

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ohhh, beautiful background! It's so ethereal! Great dimension on your sentiment too!

Jen F. said...

This one is totally my style!