Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Playing a little catch-up

It's been forever-and-a-day since I've added anything to my blog.  I think it's feeling neglected.  My craft desk, however, has actually been feeling less neglected (but very messy) the last few days, so I think I should start sharing some of my fun! 
I've managed to miss posting for quite a few of Papertrey's Make it Monday challenges, but I really liked several of them and am playing a little catch-up on trying out the techniques.  The challenge a couple weeks ago was "multi-color stamping with ink refills."   The way-too-talented Betsy Veldman demonstrated how to use fun foam and re-inkers to create a custom multi-colored stamp pad. (You can see that here.)  That was great, except I don't have many re-inkers.  I looked around for a way that I could do this with my supplies and found that I could use my Stampin' Up markers for the same effect.   First, I stamped the image (from my new Botanical Silhouettes anniversary set -- so pretty!) onto the fun foam.  Then, I used the markers to color the flowers on the foam.  Finally, I used the foam as my ink pad to produce multi-colored flowers in one stamp.  I like the way these came out and am eager to try again with other stamps!  
Supplies:
Paper:  Fine Linen, Hawaiian Shores, Rustic Cream (PTI)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Melon Mambo (SU), Bermuda Bay (SU), Dusty Durango (SU), Ripe Avocado (PTI)
Stamps:  Botanical Silhouettes (PTI anniversary set)
Other:  Mat Stack #4 die (PTI), Linen and Canvas impression plate (PTI)

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

I didn't think to use the multi-colour inking technique with this set, but it's perfect! Your card is very pretty!