Thursday, July 21, 2011

Digi images and bits and pieces

 I read enough blogs to know that I'm not the only one with leftover bits and pieces on my desk.  I just imagine that my piles are bigger than everyone else's because I'm so good at clutter!  I had a little fun yesterday playing with some of those leftover bits and am quite pleased at the results.  This first card started with the leftover strip of paper I had printed from Dawn McVey's Color Couture download (Vol. 5 Dots).  Really, how could I throw away a piece of paper so cute?!  I added a strip from a used piece of Raspberry Fizz Bitty Dots paper and a strip of my new decorative tape -- you know, the stuff they sell to go with the Smash books that are all the rage.  (No, I don't have a Smash book YET, but I certainly did buy that tape!)  I used a Mat Stack #4 die cut that I had cut from some scrap paper another day and the Happy Birthday stamp that I had printed a bunch of from My Digital Studio a while ago when trying to get the punch size right. (I've since figured it out, but now I have lots of little pre-printed happy birthday stamps from my mistakes!)  The flourish and the felt flower were freshly cut for this card, but they were so worth it!  I really love the way this one turned out -- so happy!
 This one (and the one below) started with the label left over from a 2nd or 3rd printing of the wonderful (free!) tag download from Papertrey's anniversary celebration this year.  I do think these are darling, but every time I want one, I have to print the whole sheet, so I have quite a few leftover bits on my desk just begging for their chance to shine.  This one is the one Nicole Heady, herself, designed.  I just mounted it on a Limitless Layers die cut, added some coordinating paper, and added a little flourish.  So easy, and, I think, very cute!
The tag on this one was designed by Maile Belles.  Like the other tag, it fit very nicely onto the Limitless Layers die.  I added some paper from my Thrift Shop pack, and had a pretty cute card!

Supplies for HB card:
Paper: Kraft (PTI), Stamper's Select White (PTI), black from my stash, Raspberry Fizz from Bitty Dots (PTI), Digi printed from Color Couture download Vol. 5 Dots (PTI)
Ink: (digi stamp!)
Stamps: Digi from Punch Bunch in My Digital Studio (SU)
Other:  Mat Stack #4 die (PTI), Scallop square punch (SU), Scribbles Swirls sizzlet die (Sizzix), Beautiful Blooms II #3 medium die, white/cream button (PTI), Black Dots Smash Tape

Supplies for Happy Birthday card:
Paper:  Kraft (PTI), Spring Rain from Bitty Box Basics (PTI), Green Boutique (PTI), Hawaiian Shores (PTI)
Ink:  (another digi! -- no ink on the fingers)
Stamps:  Digi image from PTI's anniversay celebration (by Nicole Heady)
Other:  Limitless Layers die (PTI), Scribbles Swirls sizzlet die (Sizzix)

Supplies for Celebrate You card:
Paper:  Rustic Cream (PTI), scrap piece of red from my scrap pile, Thrift Shop (October Afternoon)
Ink:  STILL no ink on my fingers
Stamps:  another fabulous digi image from PTI's anniversary celebration, this one from Maile Belles
Other:  sticker "gems" in center of pinwheels

No comments: