Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Big" challenge


In honor of the new series of super-sized sentiments that will be released this year at Papertrey, today's challenge is to include a "big" element on a project. Since "big" is a relative term, I decided that my element would look bigger on a smaller card. I used half of an Archiver's pre-cut gate fold card to make a card that measures 5 inches by 3 1/2 inches. I cut a strip of October Afternoon Thrift Shop patterned paper to line the bottom of the inside of the card (the part that shows on the outside. Then I cut a circle to line the front of the card from another coordinating paper in that same pack. My sentiment is stamped in Dark Chocolate on a tag cut with the Fillable Frames #4 die. My "big" element is my flower. It is two layers of felt cut with a Beautiful Blooms II die. The button is one of the largest one from my white/cream mix of PTI buttons.

Supplies:

Stamps: Well Scripted (SU)
Paper: Archivers, October Afternoon Thrift Shop, Rustic White (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI), Tea Dye duo: Chamomile (PTI)
Dies: Beautiful Blooms II, Fillalbe Frames #4
Other: PTI felt, PTI Button, PTI Rustic Jute Button Twine

Thanks for looking!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kara said...

very pretty, amy!!