Monday, August 25, 2014

Time after time challenge

The Time After Time challenge invites us to re-design an older card to reflect how our stamping has changed over time.  I went back to the first year of my blog and found the card I most wanted a re-do on:
I did this one as part of the 2010 Anniversary festivities.  
Here is my "modern" remake:
First, I had to turn the card.  I'll bet 80% of my cards are verticle/ open-at-the-top cards these days. I decided to keep almost the same color scheme, just a little bolder.  I changed the Aqua Mist to Hawaiian Shores and the Lemon Tart to Summer Sunrise.  I kept the Berry Sorbet -- right down to the Bitty Box pattern.   I've been adding flagged banners more often than punched tags lately.  And I love to use die cuts.  These circle scribbles are even more fun than polka dots.  I don't use ribbon as often as I used to.  But I take any chance I can get to add a little bling.  These sequins from the Shakers and Sprinkles kit were just right tonight.   And I love that Birthday Style set!  

No comments: