Sunday, August 25, 2013

Rolled Dough Designs

I had never worked with paper clay before.  It's a nice option to have around when I want a custom embellishment.  First, I rolled out the regular paper clay -- probably more messy than I want to get on a regular basis, but I did like the results.  Here is the ornamet that I made with it, the filigree border die, and that wonderful "smile" stamp.  Really, I promise I didn't use that one on everything I've made this weekend.
Then I turned to the Delight paperclay.  That was a lot less messy and die cut well.  I decided to try several dies.  First, I tried the Trendy Tree Tops:
I colored the tree, trunk and heart with Copic markers.  If I had this one to do over again, I'd die cut the trunk out of the top so I could piece it together and wouldn't have to layer.

Then I started with buttons.  I had colored some clay with my old SU Blue Bayou ink refill and had put glitter into another batch.  I cut buttons from all of it.  When I chose the patterned paper (My Mind's Eye -- The Sweetest Thing) I was going to use for the card, I colored some buttons a darker blue with Copics and stamped the white glitter ones with Kraft ink (SU Crumbcake) and BB Text Style to get the right colors.  Here is the card:
After affixing the buttons to the card, I covered each one in Diamond Glaze.    I love the glazed look for these.    The sentiment is from Quilled Elegance -- another set with sentiments I could use over and over and over...

Thanks for looking!

No comments: