Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Sprinkle of Salt


Nichole and the design team shared 2 different salt techniques.  I tried both.  First, I decided to color some watercolor paper with my Kool-Aid dyes from the Tea Stain challenge and then sprinkle sea salt over the paper to make splotches (very technical stamping term, I'm sure).  Once the paper was done, it really didn't need much to make a card!  Here it is:
I mounted the watercolored paper onto a Berry Sorbet card base and added a sentiment from Sending You Sunshine on a Half and Half die cut.  Somehow (okay-- I know it's my bad photography skills) the harvest gold paper looks brighter than in real life, and the yellow in the bottom corner of the card is hardly showing in this photo.  In reality, they work together really well.  
I also tried the glue and table salt dots with reinker.  I decided to use my SU Because I Care set with a sentiment from Happy Trails.  Here's the card:
I tried to use the combination of the salt/ Scarlet Jewel ink and a Copic that was a little more blue to mimic the hydrangeas my grandma had on her bushes this summer.  She had a couple bushes that had flowers like this -- some parts more blue and some more  pink/purple.   

Thanks for looking!

Amy 

No comments: