Sunday, February 5, 2012

Papertrey 5th Anniversary Day 1 Contest

Papertrey fans wait eagerly for the February release countdown every year.  During these days, Nicole hosts contests on her blog and makes lots of announcements about the coming year.  Today marks the beginning of that countdown and the first contest.  Today, we were challenged to choose one of the cards each of the design team members choose as her favorite of the year and use it to inspire us to create a new card of our own.  I chose Lisa Johnson's card.   I didn't change much from Lisa's beautiful card.  I had to make my own patterned paper because I do not have the In Bloom paper pack, and I couldn't resist using the Happy Day die that coordinates with one of Lisa's most recent sets.  So here's my version of her card:
I chose Lisa's card because it featured Peaceful Garden, one of my very favorite sets.  I had the privilege of using that set with Lisa at Stamp-a-faire this year.  I have always loved Lisa's sets and admire her card creations, but now that I've met her, I even more admire her as a person.  She has a bubbly, sweet personality that is so much bigger than you can imagine could even be contained in such a petite frame.   She's the type of person I'd just love to spend hours with, sitting around being crafty (though, I'm not convinced she'd sit very much with all her energy) and laughing lots and lots.  Thanks, Lisa, for giving us such beautiful stamp sets and great inspiration month after month!

Supplies (All from Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Kraft, Scarlet Jewel, Rustic Cream cardstock and Bitty Boxes patterned paper in Spring Moss
Ink:  Fresh Snow, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Scarlet Jewel, Chamomile (Tea Dye Duo)
Stamps:  Peaceful Garden, Think Big Favorites #4, Round & Round, Background Basics: Text Style, Harvest Berries
Other:  Rustic Jute Button Twine, Cream Button

1 comment:

Kristii said...

Absolutely fabulous! Great take on the challenge!