Friday, January 18, 2013

Make It Monday #100

The Make It Monday challenge this week over at Papertrey is to package cards that have oversized embellishments.    I'll have to admit that I stayed very close to Dawn's sample for this one, and even patterned my card after another card that she made lately that I loved.  The glassine bag is nice for this project not only because the button and ribbon at the top of the card are bulky, but also because it's a nicer wrapping for the gift card inside than a simple envelope would be.  Hopefully, our niece will enjoy opening this gift!
Here's the card that's tucked inside.  Like I said, this is very much like the one in this post by Dawn McVey.  She's a genius.  :) 

Stamps used:  Quilled Elegance (just got it in the mail today!!!)
Ink/Paper colors used:  Island Indigo (SU), Concord Crush (SU), Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Lucky Limeade (SU)

Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

victoria h said...

Fab card and packaging - Love your butterfly made using the stamp.

Jen F. said...

Very nice ... love quilled elegance! I knew it would be in "our" collection as soon as I saw it! Has your name all over it. Nice work.