Saturday, June 19, 2010

Art Appreciation


Oh, it feels so good to do a scrapbook page! This one is for the Papertrey Pages June challenge. I'm so happy to play along. Of course, now that I'm posting it, I notice that my stamped patterned paper background turned out to be no more than the matting behind my pictures, but -- honest-to-goodness -- I stamped a whole sheet of 12x12! This is just the way that I was able to make my paper work on the page with these pictures. I hope I'll get the chance to get another one in before then end of June!

Since you can't see very much of it, I should say that the paper was stamped with stars from Star Prints (PTI), great little single shapes from Background Basics Retro (PTI), "Enjoy the Moment" stamp from Mega Mixed Messages (PTI) and a great digger from Gas Hogs (Sassafras Lass). I put the title together using Fresh Alphabet and Simple alphabet (both PTI). And -- do you see it??? -- That title is stamped on a (real) library card that I die-cut with the Filliable Frames 4 die! Sometimes it's really good to be a librarian. {Sigh}

Other PTI Goodies used to make this card:
Bitty Dots paper (Pure Poppy)
Pure Poppy card stock
Ink: Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Orange Zest

from Stampin' Up:
Card stock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Pumpkin Pie and Certainly Celery Stamp 'N Write markers
Journal card from The Write Stuff designer series paper

Other:
Various Sakura pens
Ribbon I rescued from a gift (Hmmm... do I remember what the gift was???)
Fiskars star punch

Thanks so much for looking!

6 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I love the page you created. The background paper you made goes so well with the three pictures you chose. The reds and blues are perfect. I especially like the journaling sheet and the art appreciation on the fillable frame. Great job. I just ordered fresh alphabet and look forward to using it on a scrapbook page. So glad you showed us your page.

Jill said...

Amy, I am impressed that you used a variety of stamps on your stamped paper--even a sentiment! That shows courage, my dear! :-D I really enjoyed your page, and I just love the red ribbon you tied through the library card--such a cute touch! And your little guy is adorable!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is lovely! I think the background paper is just enough, and doesn't overwhelm. Looks great!

Susan said...

I love that the challenge got you started and then it took on the right element you needed. It's a really great accent. Yay for using the die, too! Love this LO!

Babies-Beth said...

Well, then, lol, let's see the rest of that paper in some cards!! I love your page, your colors match the photos so well- that's something I struggle with!!

Lee said...

Love the colours you used. I prefer LO's with more "white space". I find too much PP overwhelming, so your page is very pleasing to my eye.