Sunday, February 6, 2011

Papertrey Designer Challenge

I'm back again tonight with some challenge entries.  Today PTI gave its customers a free gift -- a beautiful set of tag stamps in digital format to print out and enjoy some instant gratification.  This set of tags is just wonderful!   I'm printing a lot of these, because I can see myself using them often.  For tonight, I managed to make some small projects -- a few little 3" x 3" enclosure cards.  I think they turned out so great.  I can't wait to find someone to give them to!  (I should go ahead a apologize for the crummy pictures.  It's late.  And I'm not a great photographer, anyway.)



First, my favorite.  The tag on this card is the one designed by my hero Dawn McVey.  I immediately noticed that it coordinated with a digital download she had designed for her Color Couture series.    I noticed because it's one that I actually own!  I was excited to print it out and use it to make a sweet little card.






My second favorite was made with the tag created by Nicole Heady herself.  It's a great tag that I can get a lot of use out of.  It was really hard to get a good picture of this one.  I wanted to show the background I stamped with A Little Argyle.  Yesterday as I was looking through everyone's amazing cards entered in the big contest (No, I didn't win that, but I'm very happy that another "Amy" did!)  I told myself that I do not use that Argyle set enough.  It's really a great set -- it just scares me a little.  (Don't ask.  I really don't know why.)  So I used it on two of my little cards tonight.  :)  Yay me!  I'll work my way up to using it on bigger cards and then (dare I?) scrapbook pages.


Finally, my last card of the night.  I love this little image by Lisa Johnson.   Okay, I love ALL images by Lisa Johnson.  The colors certainly didn't come out great in this picture.   For this one, I printed the "stamp" tag and colored it with Stampin Up markers and a blender pen.  I like how the hearts turned out, but I'd really like a do-over on the ground.  I do think it's better in real life than it looks in the photo, though.  (I really need to hire a new photographer.)  After coloring, I spritzed the whole tag with Glimmer Mist.  Sparkle makes everything better, right?  The Pink Pirouette background is stamped with A Little Argyle in Fresh Snow, but you'd never know that from my picture. 

I can't wait to have some time to create more of these with the other tags.  Honestly, I decide that each one I pick up is my favorite.  I think I have 9 favorites!   Is that possible?  Thanks, PTI and stamp designers, for such a wonderful gift! 

Thanks for visiting!

Supplies:
"Smile"
Paper:  Aqua Mist (PTI), June Color Couture download (PTI), Kraft (PTI)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx
Stamps:  PTI anniversary download, Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Other:  Scor Tape, glitter, PTI Harvest Gold button, PTI rhinestones, Hawaiian Shores felt (PTI), Fiskars punch

"Happy Birthday"
Paper:  Kraft (PTI), Aqua Mist (PTI), Hawaiian Shores (PTI), Georgia Pacific White
Ink:  Fresh Snow (PTI)
Stamps:  PTI anniversary download,  A Little Argyle (PTI)
Other:  Hawaiian Shores ribbon, Diamond stickles, PTI Beautiful Blooms II #1 die

"Love"
Paper:  Melon Mambo (SU), Pink Pirouette (SU), Kraft (PTI)
Ink:  Fresh Snow (PTI), Melon Mambo marker (SU), Soft Suede marker (SU)
Stamps:  PTI anniversary download, Mixed Messages (PTI), A Little Argyle
Other:  Scor Tape, glitter, flower rhinestone (probably from Archiver's Hot Spot), Beautiful Blooms II #1 die

No comments: